Benefits of Membership
There are many benefits that union electrical contractors receive from the Quad Cities Chapter of NECA, even if they are not members. These include:
- Negotiating three separate labor agreements on behalf of all union electrical contractors.
- Representing a contractor's interest when a union grievance is filed against them.
- Interviewing, selecting, and t raining apprentices as part of a management-labor apprenticeship committee.
- Representing the contractor's interest on multi-employer health & welfare, pension, and annuity trust funds.
- Marketing the benefits of using union electrical contractors.
- Lobbying State and Federal government representatives on behalf of the management interests of all union electrical contractors.
Direct Benefits for Members
- Having a voice and being a leader in the industry.
- Educational Opportunities: Through NECA's Management Education Institute, members have the opportunity to take advantage of such training opportunities as:
- Electrical Project Supervision
- Project Management For Electrical Contractors
- Basic and Advanced Estimating
- Design-Build Methods
- Change Orders in Electrical Construction
- Structured Cabling Systems
- Advanced Construction Law
- Succession Planning
- Financial Principles and Tools For The Electrical Contractor
- Successful Entry into the Voice/Data/Video Market ...and many more.
- Through NECA's online eSafetyline, members have a comprehensive tool to establish and maintain their safety programs, which include new safety talks every month and OSHA required written programs.
- Interaction with peers and discussion of industry topics at monthly dinner membership meetings.
- Access to Various NECA publications and newsletters including:
- Safety News
- Tool & Equipment Rental Schedule
- National Electrical Installation Standards
- Project Management Manual
- NECA Manual of Labor Units
- Numerous Electrical Contracting Foundation Studies 6.
NECA Value Added Benefits Include:
- Members can subscribe to the 3E Company's 24 hour, 7 days a week, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) program. Through this program they are no longer required to have copies of MSDS's on every jobsite.
- Through the NECA Chapter's Plan Deposit Guarantee Program members no longer need to leave a refundable check at most plan holder's offices when picking up plans.
- NECA members can receive discounts on insurance through special programs and agreements with CNA Insurance
- Fleet and Fuel discounts through Exxon/Mobil and Shell/Texaco. Program also provides security that virtually eliminates unauthorized card use and provides reports designed to meet client -specific control and reporting needs.
- Discounts on office products through Viking Office products.
- Discounts on wireless communications through Sprint PCS.
- Discounts on various participating hotel locations such as Days Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, Comfort & Quality Inns and more.
- Discounts on Dodge Reports and Engineering News Record magazine....and the list of value added benefits, continues to grow.
MEMBERSHIP DOESN'T COST.....IT PAYS!Download the membership form.